Monday, November 24, 2014

NEW!!! London Sessions Album - Mary J. Blige

Okay...
We haven't been together long enough for you all to know what I like and don't like, besides what I do reviews on of course. So...I'm going to take a minute and let you know about some things.
1. Photography
2. Music
3. Artistic anything lol
4. Dirt Roads
5. Traveling
6. Fashion

I told you all of that, so I you'd know what I was up to....and so I could tell you all of this! :)

I'm going to tell you about a brand new album I just listened to over the last couple of days. I know you all have heard of Ms. Mary J.
And over the years she has hit some numbers with her words. In 1992 she became one of the top Hip-Hop performers out there, and by the millennium was known as "Queen Mary" by her fans. Although with life and so many new artists, I honestly haven't heard any of her new stuff since her "No More Drama" hit in 2001. I have to say, I may not favorite all of her songs made, but I do have some new favorites by her now. Her new album; London Sessions, is set to hit markets here in the U.S. December, 2nd.
This album is more of a therapeutic sense of nature, and was created in a one month studio run set in...yes...London.

And right now, my favorites off this new album are:

  • Whole Damn Year
  • Therapy
  • When You're Gone
And my favorite of the album list, is "Mr. Wrong" featuring Drake. I love the beat and the collaboration of vocals in this one! My main thing with all her songs has always been, she's real. She's real when she sings. It's not fake, it's stuff she's been through, currently experiencing, or has learned and overcome.

On a serious note though, any music lover, especially of soul/hip-hop is going to wanna land this album when it drops. There is a song in here for everyone that speaks to their heart. Definitely need to have this on your Christmas list for 2014.

Here's some links to check out Ms. Mary J


Website  http://www.maryjblige.com/

Amazon  http://bit.ly/MJBLondon

iTunes     http://bit.ly/MJBLS

Twitter @maryjblige



* I participated in the Mary J Blige The London Sessions album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided a free album to review but all opinions are my own.  

#TheLondonSessions
#O2O

No comments:

Post a Comment