Saturday, December 6, 2014

One Sunday Evening with the Tree

So...this is kinda off the normal talk for my review blog...but with it being Christmas time and all I thought I'd share.
It's time to put up the tree...unless you're one of the ones who jumps to set up Thanksgiving night or earlier. I'm a procrastinator and lucky for us, we inherited my father in-law's huge tree that's like 20yrs old. My husband, hates this tree because for the last 10yrs he has been the one dragging the crumbling tree box down his dad's steep stairs with tubs of ornaments following. For 10yrs he has been the one setting it up...fluffing branch after branch, layer on top of layer, and mastering the technique of balancing and wedging the topper on the pole all in one Sunday evening.
This year, he got a break. He's temporarily working evenings, which left me and the kids in charge of carting the three totes of tree and decor out of the garage. This....is day 4! Day 4 of me piece by piece each night working on this tree. No joke. And since it's bigger than any tree I've EVER owned, I decided this year to do a couple rows and then add lights, do a couple more rows, add more lights. Then I ran out of lights. I threw away four 100 count strands of multi-colored lights. Then when I thought I was finally done, plugged, what I thought was my last strand needed, into an outlet so I could make sure THEY worked. They did. So I take them over to tree...stretch them out...plug them to another strand to continue my way to the top, and .......this happened.
Yeahhhhhh....I guess I thought they all worked because it was still kind of balled up when I tested them, and I just glanced at it. The other four strands I trashed didn't light at all, so I just assumed. And assuming got me no where. LOL...well it got me to the fact that: I had to go buy two more boxes of 100 light strands. And...I still need yet one more to light the tree. I haven't worked on it tonight because I've been on here taking care of business, but, this will be 5 days since I started on this tree...four of which I worked on it. Tomorrow my hubby and I are both off, hopefully between family dinner at the parent's house and messing with breaking the horse...we'll have time to finish. However, yet again, he'll probably have it all done in one Sunday evening...like always. 
It's only because I did most of the work...ssshhh  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment